Thursday, April 30, 2009

Prime

Hmmm... this one is a little too close to home right now, if you know what I mean. But I particularly liked the range of emotions it captured- nervousness, excitement, curiosity, anger, fear, love, confusion, pain, fun, and sadness. But it wasn't over the top. The situations seemed so plausible. I liked that.

A few of my favourite parts:
1. the first kiss between the two main characters- Rafi (Uma Thurman) and Dave (Bryan Greenberg)
2. when Rafi bowls over with laughter after finding out that Dave's roommates are in fact his grandparents. But she still loves him anyway. I still can't stop laughing when I picture that scene when they sneak into his home.
3. all the run-ins Dave has with the concierge of her building, especially the last one.
4. when Dave's mom (played by Meryl Streep) says, "Don't do this," and he says, "I'm DOING it." I just wanted to say, "YES!" or give him a hi-five or something.
5. when Rafi holds Dave's sweater collatoral before he leaves her place, and nuzzles it against her face
6. the smile on Dave's face when he says, "I really like this girl, man. I think I could love her."
7. everything that came immediately after the, "So, how was your trip?" line and Rafi says, "Who cares?" The look in her eyes when she says it... whoohoo!
8. Dave's paintings... and her reaction to them
9. when Rafi and Dave go to the Hamptons and Rafi's friend asks Dave, "Do you care if your kids are Jewish?" and he says, "I care if they're happy," and Rafi says to him proudly, "Good answer."
10. the scene at the elevator- so sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment