Monday, September 27, 2010

Movie Meditation

"I use movies to replenish my creative well- usually videos, which we watch on the weekend. I crave period films with lush sets and costumes for my visual fix, rely on comedies for relief from stress, and seek out black-and-white mysteries and romantic classics from the 1930's and 1940's for sheer escape. I collect movies about angels, reincarnation, the afterlife, and everlasting love. I won't watch scary movies or films with senseless violence- nor should you, because once an image is imprinted on your consciousness it's there forever. I think we all need the uplift provided by films that inspire, encourage, affirm, and celebrate the human spirit.

Meditatively matching your mood to a movie is very restorative and rewarding."- Sarah Ban Breathnach- August 26- Simple Abundance

No comments:

Post a Comment